At G Dolden & Associates we understand the architectural design process can be an exciting stage but also a stressful stage for our clients, so we aim to make the process as easy as possible. All services can be catered to our clients individual needs.
What we can do for you;
- Free Initial Consultation and Project Estimation Costs.
- Measured Survey.
- Planning Applications and Plans.
- Listed Building Consent (design and impact statements)
- Building Regulations.
- Specifications of Works.
- Contract Selection and Tender of Works.
- Active Management of Works.
During the initial free consultation you can expect one of our experienced design team members to come to site and walk through your proposed plans with you, this is a great opportunity to develop your ideas further as they will be able to advise on any potential difficulties that may arise with your plans. You can expect a brief introduction to our company and to be able to view through a portfolio of previous works in this time. After the meeting our representative will send through a build cost estimation and quotation.
The 4 Stages to a Successful Project
1, Planning & Design
This stage is our #1 for a successful project, without a detailed design that fulfills your visions and expectations what is meant to be an exciting project can leave you feeling that you have compromised your envisioned development. We always strive to ensure our clients are entirely happy with their project and that we have achieved their vision whilst using our professional knowledge of planning policies and design methods to best ensure planning permissions can be achieved.
2, Building Regulations and Specification
This stage follows from planning and design, as a Chartered Surveying Practice our construction technology and building regulations experience is where we truly excel in knowledge and experience. These are our must haves for building regulations and specifications;
Always go for full plans approval for the Building Regulations, we don’t want any costly surprises when work begins and this gives us the option to amend the design if issues are highlighted by building control before we get to site.
To compliment the design it is important the we specify the right finishes and materials so this is best to be considered in the planning phase so that hasty decisions are not made on site where the pressures of cost and programme apply.
A clear specification and architectural design is worth its weight on gold to a project, this means contractors can provide a clear and considered estimate. Too many grey areas will lead to cover pricing and variations on site.
3, Contractor selection
Since 2012 we have been developing our own list of trusted traders that we can rely on to deliver a professional and reliable service to our customers. We always want our clients to feel they are getting the best for their money therefore we always tender works to not only our own trusted traders but also to external contractors, all contractors have to go through a detailed background check before employment.
4, Active management of the construction phase
We will be actively be on site overseeing your project and resolving any issues that may arise, We also manage the payments to the contractor certifying stage payments when the works are completed and in accordance with the contract. If variations are requested we will ensure that the payment is a fair and reasonable cost for the works carried out.
We will take the uncertainty and the hassle out of your building project, we will manage your project in the same way that we manage a large commercial project. Our team are not only professionally qualified but have a wealth of experience of dealing with construction projects and delivering them on time and on budget.
What are the features of our service
- We design the space to suit your lifestyle and to add value to your property
- We simplify the process but we don’t try to over simplify what is a complicated process
- We become your guide through the project
- We can carry out just Plans for your Extension or manage the whole process
What benefit does a Construction Consultant bring?
When you are buying a building project you are procuring perhaps the most complex and costly bespoke product you will ever purchase.
- We create a design which suits your lifestyle and make living in your property a pleasure.
- We understand the process and the milestones along the way.
- We ensure that the cost of the works are controlled and do not exceed the budget.
- We bring a team of construction experts with skills including project management, design and cost management to your project.
- We increase the value of the property beyond the cost of the investment.
- We understand the problems encountered in construction projects and can ensure that you avoid these.
- We can look at design solutions that are inventive but practical.
What value does that add for the customer?
- We take away the stress of managing a construction project
- We deliver a great living space
- The cost is managed to a fixed budget
- The contractors and sub contractors are managed professionally
- There is a financial premium on the property delivered
- We are a guide and coach through the construction process
- Normally we do this for the cost of a plasterer
We have spent many years training and working on projects with always the same objective to bring in projects within cost, to good quality and within programme.
Using our expertise and experience we can guide you to ensure your project runs easily and smoothly and you gain the benefit of your investment.
For reasons why you should use a consultant please click here.
If you would like further details on our Contract administration and services or to arrange a meeting to discuss a forthcoming project please email us or call us on 01376 573877
Download our brochure: