01376 573877 info@gdasc.co.uk

Further to Developments in Property and tax law you may be wondering if you require, a Valuation of Company Properties for tax purposes, we are not experts in tax issues but we are property experts and we can advise that;

In accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act and FRS 15. The property held within a company is required to be valued in order to appear on the companies balance sheet.

These assets will be in two classes;

Freehold Property; generally the property that a company uses as its offices or yard and accommodation.

A full valuation needs to be carried out every five years by a qualified external valuer, which would be a Chartered Surveyor and Registered Valuer.

Where there has been a material change in value it should also be valued by a Qualified Valuer, generally during the third year after the last valuation.

Investment Property; This is generally property held by a company which is used as an investment property and is occupied by another person or company.

If you require a property valuation or further advice on when to value your properties, please contact us on 01376 573877

Call Now